Jeremy, Patti, Keelan, Riley Kate, Brody

Thursday, September 27, 2007

We love the king

Driving around the US, one can see any number of bumper stickers on the back of vehicles. Some with feel good messages, others with...well, less than feel good messages. However, on the road in Thailand the predominate bumper sticker says "We love the king".

At the beginning of every movie shown here, they play a very touching video about the king and his contributions to Thailand. The passion and admiration that this video conveys actually brought me to tears one day as I thought about what it is like to have such devotion to someone. (Yes this is Jeremy writing)

Each day at 6:00 pm, all foot traffic on the side of the road stops. If you are in a market, you stop. If you are playing golf, you stop. Whatever you are doing, you stop to honor the king while all the radios in the city blare an homage to the king.

I give you these three examples to show the fervor with which the Thai people honor their king. How much more should believers in Jesus honor him as the King of kings. Total trust, total devotion, total surrender. In the west, it is difficult for us to understand the concept of kingship. I think that we could learn a very valuable lesson from the Thai's in submission to our King. I wish I could play that video for you so that you could see and hear their passion and their pride. It is the type of devotion that I long to have for my savior.

5 Comments:

  • Jeremy, would it be possible to get one of those bumper stickers?

    By Blogger Zach, At 4:24 PM  

  • I'm sure it would be. I haven't really looked. See what I can do and get back to you.

    By Blogger Jeremy and Patti, At 6:40 AM  

  • Wow...what a great thought. I stand fully convicted

    Seth

    By Blogger Seth, Jen, Hannah, Cailyn, and Isaac, At 12:06 PM  

  • Jeremy,

    I thought you recent updates were awesome. It looks like you have your hands full. The tape of Keelan boxing is priceless. His dad must have showed him how throw hands. I am glad to see everyone doing so well. Hope to hear from you soon.

    D'Aoust

    By Blogger Michael, At 3:01 PM  

  • This blog truly touched me - to the point that I had tears in my eyes as I read it.
    I fear we have all lost our reverence of the King.
    MANNY

    By Blogger Manny Garcia, At 2:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home